Foreign militant, seven others killed in Sultan Kudarat clash

KORONADAL CITY, Nov. 27 — Government security forces have killed a foreign bomb maker and seven other sympathisers of the Islamic State group as they clashed Thursday in the town of Palembang in Sultan Kudarat province.

Brigadier General Emmanuel Salamat, commander of 1st Marine Brigade, said Friday among the fatalities in the four-hour gun battle that started around 5:20 a.m. in the village of Butril was possibly an Indonesia national.

Around 50 fully armed members of

Salamat said the soldiers were attacked 50 men belonging to Ansar Al-Khilafa Philippines, a new militant group who pledged their allegiance to the Islamic State group leader last year.

“Their bodies were recovered along with IS flag. One of them was a certain Ibrahim Alih, alias Abdul Fatah and Abu Fattah,” he said.

Accordingly, Alih is one of the foreign terrorists monitored operating in Mindanao.

Moro islamic Liberation Front chief negotiator Mohagher Iqbal said by phone the military operation was coordinated to their members of coordinating committee on cessation of hostilities.

“We do not know what kind of group was their. We are on the precess of identifying them,” Iqbal said.

Abu Misri Mama, spokesman for the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, said their commander on the ground, Mohamad Jaafar Maguid alias Commander Tokboy, has no participation in the fighting.

“We have forces in Butril but they are not involved in the encounter that happened,” Mama said. (End)

Leave a Reply

Photo Gallery

120x600
Categories

© Copyright 2013 Mindanao Post. All Rights Reserved Designed By: Xsem Designs